Wednesday, December 31, 2008

visions of dolls to come

Do you dream of your creations? Last night I had a dream about the next doll I will be working on. It was very detailed in shape and color. Right down to the accessories she will have. In some ways it makes it easier to create, since I have a definite direction. In some ways it hurts because I am trying to "live up to" my imagination, making it just like the picture in my dream. I suppose no one else would ever know if it is close or not, but I do. And I really do think that is all that counts. If I am not pleased with something, if I do not see it as almost flawless, then its not good enough to sell or even give away. Those pieces are sometimes trashed, but most often they are kept for parts. Or at least to let me know where not to go next time ;O)

No comments:

Post a Comment