Thursday, December 11, 2008

Creative background...

What inspires you to create? Do you see beauty in the forms or colors around you? I love to mix in textures and colors (and who doesnt like a little bling... )but the most inspiring thing to me has always been faces. I see and read faces into everything.. from the inkblots on the page to the pattern in the snow where my girls have walked ( which with the shadows of the setting sun last night and the glow of the porch light created a rather cool face in my back yard.. wouldnt show up on the camera though :( )For the most part if you are actually looking at a persons face when they talk you can tell if they are lying to you or how they really feel about what they are saying. And recreating faces has always been the most interesting part of any sculpt to me. Creating the face and its expression always tells me what the rest of the doll/figure wants to be when its done. It gives the personality and its story. Am I in charge of the face...?? Sometimes, but not very often. Usually the doll calls the shots, I am just there to let that character come to life. No, Im not getting weird ( at least not more then usual) I dont think I have some spirit directing my sculpts.. but I dont feel like I am consciously creating the things I make all the time either. Perhaps the left side of my brain is in control? Or perhaps its just what feels right at the time. I have always been good at reading people, but latley I dont care what lies behind.. Im more interested in the expression, in recreating the emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment